Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Post 3 ENG 1200.10 Ohh … Melancholy


Ohh … Melancholy

The weather can change the mood of the people, and I’m not the exception of the rule. I was looking at the rain through the window of my apartment, and I was thinking on my mom. What is she is doing now? Maybe it is raining too and she is at bed thinking of me. I can’t even call her and ask her how she slept last night. I need to wait till next Friday because I used the 10 minutes call for this week. It is only 90 miles from Cuba, but feels like is in another planet almost impossible to go. Everything changes more that 50 years ago when one man decided to changes the future of the all country; separating families and taking roots away. I’m one of those thousands of Cubans that choose to live in exile away from the family, away from the city, away from the friends. It's been 10 years since I left, but it hurts like it was yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Thats gotta be hard on you and yur family. It is an emotional experience to have to live with. Hopefully, you can unit with your family soon. My mother went through the same thing when she left puerto rico and athough it is much closer. The distance did not matter because the were very poor. Eventually, all of them made it here to the States all (11) of her siblings and her parents. Best of luck to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of them, you're not alone. On a raining day, i feel like doing anything special just stay home relax....Light my candle, listen to music. It's hard being here without your family members. But the good thing you visite them sometimes, which is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete