Thursday, October 23, 2014

Post 6 ENG 1200.10 How to write an authority Essay


One of the assessment for this week is to write an authority document, so I start doing my research about the topic and supporting ideas, but how I can start writing an authority essay. Then I found these tips that I think can help me trough this process.

Rather than explicitly stating your opinion, in academic writing often your opinion can emerge through your choice of sources and how you present and examine the ideas of others.
In academic writing, we tend to avoid making categorical or emphatic statements. This is in order to:
  • acknowledge that there may be exceptions
  • acknowledge that there may be a range of possible causes or explanations
  • avoid making statements that cannot adequately be supported or defended.
  • qualify your ideas
  • explain your ideas
  • explore your ideas.
  • referral to tendencies
  • using qualifiers and quantifiers
  • acknowledging exceptions and limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment