Thursday, October 23, 2014

Post 5 ENG 1200.10 My Hero

Nelson Mandela

“I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”




Nelson Mandela was one of the 21st  century hero that I most sympathized. He fights against racism in Africa and spent much of his life in prison. While imprisoned he studied and obtained an LLB through the University of South Africa. Nelson Mandela never wavered in his devotion to democracy, equality and learning. Despite terrible provocation, he never answered racism with racism. His life is an inspiration to all who are oppressed and deprived; and to all who are opposed to oppression and deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment